Women’s Agenda – Building the brand of a daily news platform
In 2017, Women’s Agenda Editor, Angela Priestly approached EWR founder and producer Angela Vithoulkas to find out how the news hub could build their brand and engage their loyal followers through podcasting. Following the trend of news organisations producing their own content Women’s Agenda, wanted to be in this space to broaden the discussion about issues impacting women at work.
The team at EWR provided them with the solution to launch and grow their audience, reaching more women and potential advertisers through their podcast Work It Out.
This client came to EWR with a number of goals including:
- Wanting to create of a professional broadcast quality audio show designed to appeal to their current demographic of working women.
- Engaging new audiences at a time that was convenient to them.
- Making the Women’s Agenda brand more appealing and attractive to prospective advertisers and show sponsors.
- Engage the services of a professional studio, executive producer and editor.
- Get their podcast up and running, hosted across multiple channels, allowing them to focus on their content and conversation.
Angela Vithoulkas and the Eagle Waves team met with Women’s Agenda to obtain a full brief before developing a strategy, recording and production schedule.
To ensure that things ran smoothly for Women’s Agenda the EWR team:
- Established their podcast presence on SoundCloud, iTunes and Sticher including original artwork.
- Provided co-ordination between them and their guests with the visit to the EWR studio to ensure they got the most out of their allocated time.
- Helped them out in the studio with instruction, guidance and full production.
- Loaded their recorded content to various podcast platforms.
- Provided them with a link to the content so that they could promote and distribute via their daily newsletter.
- Provided them with social media and promotional support.
Over 20 half-an-hour long episodes have been produced so far with great success. Since the show began a few months ago over nearly 5,000 listeners have engaged with their podcast across Australia and in the United States and UK.
Angela Priestly – Editorial Director, Womens Agenda said:
“Having a fully professionally produced podcast just makes our business so much easier. We get the full production. We come in and we talk our content and the production team takes care of everything else, and by the time we’re pretty much back at the desk we have a link ready to go that we can embed on our website. The process is really easy, and it has to be because we are a daily news publication and we’re dealing with really fresh content that we want to get out there as quickly as possible.”
Let us tailor a podcast channel and series for you. Get in touch today.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today