A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #034 - TechKnowledgy - The A and A Action Show!
August 28, 2018
Apple vs Android what do you prefer? With Brett away Aryeh and Angela speak with Roger Lawrence of ACHIEVR about the Lenovo Yoga 720, Apple vs Android and everything you need to know about Bubble Witch Saga 3 including the fashion!
Brett took the day off to go get his Ps motorbike license and Angela stepped in to join Aryeh as he continued the journey with AppoftheWeek, Screenz, XR and Guest of the Week Roger Lawrence returning from Achievr Media.
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #Screenz with a “z”, the #AandASplitTest, XR, and have a Guest of the Week.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Bubble Witch 3 from King – sometimes we need to hit ‘pause’ on life and spend a few moments exercising our finger dexterity. Bubble Witch 3 comes from the makers of the Candy Crush saga and bring with it all kinds of new and fun community-based mobile gaming!
- #Screenz – Carrying on from last week’s #AandBSPlitTest we will take a close up and personal look at the Lenovo Yoga laptop, understand the draw of this transformer and see if the compromises are worth the price
- #AandASplitTest – This week we are going to dissect what it is that made Apple so amazing and where the company is today on innovation and more
- In XR – Lots of exciting news this week in XR starting with a gut punch from one platform (Oculus’ founder Palmer Lucky) to another (saying Magic Leap has no magic to it)
- Last but not least a friend of the podcast and past guest Roger Lawrence from Achievr Media returns to discuss the future, past, and present and what’s coming next in the world of geek
The take away from this episode is that you can watch all your reality tv (and other stuff) wherever you are and don’t need an actual TV. Angela still doesn’t know what she really wants when it comes to shiny gadgets. Samsung prefers us to see the back of their devices and styluses rather than their screens!
- It’s okay to take a break from your daily grind and relax a bit with a frivolous mobile game!
- Apple oh Apple, when did you lose the storyline?
- Virtual Reality is slowly emerging from its shell into the mainstream, don’t miss the bandwagon!
Learn more about Roger Lawrence:
"I hear, I forget,
I see, I remember.
I do, I understand." Chinese Proverb
Roger is the co-founder and MD of ACHIEVR. ACHIEVR’s vision is that one day anyone will have access to learn any skill anywhere thanks to emerging technologies like AR/VR.
ACHIEVR’s mission is to empower training providers, whether individuals or organisations (or individuals within organisations) to improve learning outcomes, accelerate learning, reduce cost and eliminate risk.
Roger is a Futurist with many years leading HP’s Innovation teams in AU along with other high profile positions and is considered a thought leader in the Future technology space in ANZ and across the globe.
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today