A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #029 - Techknowledgy – Start with the Consumer!
July 24, 2018
Would you give a finger or an eye to unlock your device? Brett and Aryeh speak with Ben Osborne of Cortechs and Grant Hyland of KBR Digital about what our neighbours are doing techwise in New Zealand.
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #techNewz with a “z”, the #AandBSplitTest and speak to another awesome Guest.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Tix – A great way to get last minute tickets at a good price
- #Technewz with a Z – we chatted about some of the interesting tech stories going on.
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at Fingerprint vs Facial for unlocking our devices – They not fool proof – we will just have to see which one becomes the mainstay moving forward.
- In XR – special mention to Red Meat Games – Bring to Light Game and iFly for their VR inclusion on their indoor flying
The take away from this episode is that you can get great entertainment at a better price if you look around. Would you give a finger or an eye to unlock your device? You may have to one day! We live in global market so probably good to check what our neighbours are up to from time to time.
- Saving money is always good
- Security and body parts, interesting!
- The Kiwis do more than just play really good Rugby!
Learn more about our guests:
Grant Hyland – MD of KBR Digital
Grant has worked in the media industry for a number of years now and have been fortunate enough to have made a large number of fantastic friends and business associates. Having worked in ad agencies, media sales businesses to the trials and tribulations of business ownership.
Ben Osborne GM of Cortechs:
NZ Digital Media Professional with extensive experience in driving business growth for leading localand international adtech media platforms. Broad skill set including extensive experience in navigating new markets, forecasting, team building and management.
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today