A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #010 - TechKnowledgy - Make the Event Count!
February 28, 2018
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, Screenz with a “z” Mixed Reality, the #AandBSplitTest and speak to our guest Ryf Quail.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Rain Parrot - a cool rain predicting app that works off the BOM radar technology around Australia (iOs only I’m afraid).
- We reviewed the Old Skool Kool Pebble Time smart watch
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at the behemoth Amazon vs the established eBay
- Mixed Reality special mention went to Snapchat for their AR Friendmoji launch - and Satoshipowered.ai for their intro of Blockchain to VR
- Then to wrap it up we chatted to Ryf Quail - the Managing Director of Comexposium ANZ about events and the upcoming AD:Tech
The take away from this episode is that even with tech we can not predict the weather. If you are going to invest in technology - do so because it will solve a requirement not just because it looks good. When you are going to shop online - its not just the products and prices but the service and even more importantly - the after-service that needs to be considered. AR and VR are not fads and we will continue to talk about these every week and watch them grow! Censorship based on events or occurences is not good for anyone or anything, then we chatted about the fact that there is still a need and reason to attend events like AD:Tech
- Even if you check the weather you may still want to carry an umbrella.
- Smart watches are cool but they need to be functional too
- If you are going to spend money attending an event - pre-plan and make it count!
Guest: Ryf Quail - Managing Director, Comexposium
Ryf Quail’s career spans more than 20 years across publishing, media, marketing, data, tech and digital. He has started digital media agencies and successfully sold them, run local branches of global media agencies, headed digital marketing and CRM for Deloitte across Asia Pacific and most recently founded his own global ventures group – The Avalon Group.
Ryf enjoys a strong network across the Asia Pacific region which he has cultivated across his career. He holds an MBA from the University of Otago Business School and is passionate about change and the continual learning required to keep ahead of the curve.
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today