A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #020 - TechKnowledgy - How much freedom does your VR experience have?
May 15, 2018
Which headset is best for virtual reality? Brett and Aryeh review the different types of VR and some different headsets. Being creative these days doesn't require a lot of skills with some great apps available, the #AppoftheWeek is Toontastic, which allows you to create animations from Google by just drag and dropping!
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #TechNewz with a “z”, the #AandBSplitTest.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Toontastic– a fun app that allows you to create animations from Google that lets you make cute little animation stories by just drag and dropping!
- #Tech Newz – had a look at the latest and breaking news happening in the tech world!
- #AandBSplitTest – we compared the main types of VR – 3 Degrees of Freedom vs 6 Degrees of Freedom
- XR – Special mention to Kopin for Solos AR glasses, Door no.1 and PETA for their VR experience
The take away from this episode is that anyone can make cute animations by just drag and dropping on their phone. If you are going to get into VR (if you're not why are you listening to this show?) then choose the type of headset that suits the needs or desired usage. Quick 360 viewing a headset like Daydream is more than enough – fully immersed then go with the HTC ViVE. We need to not let technology numb us from real world problems and although we can’t “unsee” bad images it is important to see these disturbing images so that we can make changes.
- Technology allows us to be creative with minimum skills and training
- When you invest in VR – get the right gear for the task at hand.
- By not seeing or looking at something doesn’t make it go away!
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today