A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #023 - TechKnowledgy - Founders, Geeks and Voodoo!
June 5, 2018
Are geeks the new superstars of business? Brett and Aryeh review the ASUS ChromeBook Flip and the Maccas app, and they speak with Claudia Barriga-Larrivere of BlueChilli about finding the right place and team to help startups start and fly not stumble and fail.
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #TechNewz with a “z”, the #AandBSplitTest and speak about Blue Chilli and investing in Startup and first-time-founders.
- The #AppoftheWeek is MyMaccas – a really beautifully designed or rather re-designed app.
- #Screenz with a Z – we had a look at the new ASUS ChromeBook Flip!
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at Nerds vs Geeks
- XR – special mention to Lego and Oculus and of course Apple WWDC2018
- Guest of the Week – Claudia Barriga-Larrivere- Head of People at BlueChilli – talking about the tricky start to starting a startup
The take away from this episode is that you always need to keep your tech updated. We are starting to live and play more in Virtual Reality so make sure you get the best tech and don’t forget about the real world! Lego has just become very cool again – not that it wasn’t cool before! Nerds vs Geeks – A Nerd may still be a horrible term but Geeks are the new superstars of business (and life – watch Silicon Valley if you don’t believe us!) There are places and companies out there that want to make sure that startups start and fly not stumble and fail. When looking to launch – do your homework and you will find the right place and team to suit your start up needs!
- Apple is awesome
- Being a Geek is cool but don’t be a dweeb!
- The idea of a startup doesn’t mean you have to be on your own. It’s a scary journey that can and should be fun!
Learn more about Claudia:
Claudia Barriga-Larrivere – Head of People at BlueChilli. She is in charge of creating environments, conditions and connections that inspire and drive teams to dotheir best work.
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today