A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech experts Aryeh Sternberg and Brett Levy discuss cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #015 - TechKnowledgy - Clash of the Titans!
April 10, 2018
Playing free games is fun but like everything – if you don’t actually spend money – you don’t always get the desired results. Aryeh and Brett speak with Grant Scott an avid Mobile Gamer – especially Clash of Clans - about how spending real money in the virtual or game world is something that just happens!!
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #Screenz with a “z” Mixed Reality, the #AandBSplitTest and speak about Call tracking and monitoring.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Qantas Assure – A health app that rewards you for doing what you do everyday but now just tracking it.
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at the NFC vs QR code
- #TechNewz – Special mention to Uber for Pool and their Jump Bike acquisition
- XR - special mention went to See world for their Sea World counter-app and University of Maltafor their VR Autism app
- Then to wrap it up we chatted to Grant Scott – friend of the show and avid Mobile Gamer – especially Clash of Clans and how spending real money in the virtual or game world is something that just happens!!
The take away from this episode is that you can actually be rewarded by doing what you do normally and track it. QR codes definitely have their place in the marketing mix but will depend on the audience whereas the opportunities for NFC as a marketing tool beyond payments and loyalty are not being fully realised yet. XR had the usual cool finds and its good to see that education and teaching are embrassing VR while Activists are also embracing technology like AR. We all like a bit of fun and down-time – so if you are going to keep your phone in your hand, you may as well play games and if patience is not your thing – then cough up some dollars and advance quicker than cheapskates
- Be rewarded for being healthy
- When choisng a quick way to market – chose a technology that everyone uses.
- Playing free games is fun but like everything – if you don’t actually spend money – you don’t always get the desired results.
Learn more about Grant
Brett Levy & Aryeh Sternberg
With a passion for all things digital, Brett and Aryeh are at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today