A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech expert Brett Levy discusses cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #016 - TechKnowledgy - ARrrr me Mate(y)!!
April 18, 2018
Playing games is fun – but be careful if they are in Augmented or Virtual environments especially with games like The Walking Dead: Our World a first person shooter game like a Pokemon Go for adults. Aryeh and Brett take a look at the ERL ear buds do you get what you pay for?
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #Screenz with a “z” Mixed Reality, the #AandBSplitTest and speak about Call tracking and monitoring.
- The #AppoftheWeek is The Walking Dead: Our World – An AR first person shooter that is like Pokemon Go for adults.
- #Screenz - we looked at the ERL ear buds - After using the earphones we have - we conclude that you pay for what you get - and in audio this is very true!
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at the USB Micro vs USB C
- XR – special mention to Bareburger for their Snapchat AR menus and CyArk with Google in preserving our world heritage sites via VR. Renault and Shazam – StarWars – is cool how the two tie in …. We not sure
The take away from this episode is that because a tech exists you DON’T have to use it in your app. We still don’t have a totally universal port and how awesome it would be if we did #NoAdapters. XR had the usual cool finds and its good to see we are trying to preserve our heritage in cyberspace VR and mixed reality is getting closer and closer everyday.
- Playing games is fun – but be careful if they are in Augmented or Virtual environs
- Buying cheap technology for its looks rather than what its supposed to do is a no-no
- Mixed or Extended Reality is an incredibly exciting space and we are seeing more and more amazing reasons to embrace it.
With a passion for all things digital, Brett is at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today