Aus Asia Business Program
Host Stacey Martin, interviews the who’s who of the international Asian trade, investment and development scene providing key insights for SME's.
Episode #028 - Aus Asia Business - Why are first impressions important?
September 25, 2018
Why are first impressions important? Stacey chats to Catherine Molloy, Author of The Million Dollar Handshake about the value of listening to people, why it's important to do research prior to meeting people and why first impressions count.
Stacey Martin presents another great podcast with an exceptional guest this week, Catherine Molloy Author of Million Dollar Handshake
Over the last 20 years, Catherine Molloy, has worked in eight countries with leaders across the world developing strategies to maximise business connections, opportunities and growth. Author of Million Dollar Handshake, Catherine connects and communicates cross-culturally and understands her client’s behaviour styles for influence and win-win results.
Catherine has won international awards for leadership, sales and service training and is an internationally recognised keynote speaker. She believes that mastering soft skills is the hard-core answer to life’s communication difficulties.
A life set back propelled Catherine Molloy to follow her passion as a lover of people and today she presents all over the world. Crystallization of her objective to work in China, Catherine was asked to be part of a business mission and landed opportunities on the ground.
Through the power of connection or as she refers to “The Million Dollar Handshake” she helps her global clients to communicate more effectively and be culturally aware.
In this week’s podcast you will learn about:
- Turning your dream into a goal
- “The Million Dollar Handsake”
- The value of listening to people
- When networking and making connections why you need to follow up within 24 hours
- When travelling overseas for business you need to do your homework and learn about the culture
- Catherine’s travels around the world presenting on leadership and communication
- Why doing your research on people you are meeting overseas is vital
- Why creating first impressions are important
Catherine’s top 3 tips:
- Join an industry mission… research well
- Be emotionally intelligent and culturally aware ... educate and research.
- Be a discoverer… listen see where your product or service could be adaptable and flexible to fit the market place and price point. Create your point of difference
Learn more about Catherine Mollloy of the Million Dollar Handshake:
Stacey Martin is known for her passion for networking and connecting. Through her financial services and international trade and investment experience she asks the right questions to help listeners navigate international opportunities.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today