Aus Asia Business Program
Host Stacey Martin, interviews the who’s who of the international Asian trade, investment and development scene providing key insights for SME's.
Episode #016 - Aus Asia Business - Does Strong Brand Presence in Australia Guarantee Success in China?
April 17, 2018
What is the importance of having the right marketing and strategy plan in place when entering the Chinese market? Is your product the right product, would it sell to the Chinese market? Stacey talks with Simon Kaiyuli, principal of Cross Cultural Partner about marketing strategy in China, how it’s very different to working with Australian consumers.
Stacey talks with Simon Kaiyuli, principal of Cross Cultural Partner about marketing strategy in China, how it’s very different to working with Australian consumers.
Simon grew up in China which gives him an advantage to understanding the Chinese market, his knowledge and experience is priceless.
His company Cross Cultural Partner is made up of 3 components; helping Australian businesses seeking growth in China, Brand integrity – being ready to launch in China and thirdly creating and developing content along with advertising.
We also hear about Stacey and Simon’s experience when they joined the mission to the Asian Financial Forum in Hong Kong earlier this year. Simon assisted the delegation as the cultural advisor.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Brand awareness, brand integrity and cultural differences
- The importance of having the right marketing and strategy plan in place when entering the Chinese market
- Changing and adapting your strategy to fit the market, trend setters and early adopters
- Building long term relationships is important to business
- Is your product the right product, would it sell to the Chinese market?
- Understanding your product for this market
- Fun? Do you think of fun when you talk about your business?
- Could an influencer be key to your business success?
- You should have a Chinese name and business card. Learn why
- Simon tells us more about his current projects
An interesting point Simon makes listening invites telling. Listen before you jump!
Simon’s top 3 tips:
- Tip 1. Start brand planning as part of the market entry strategy
- Tip 2. Really get to know your potential customers and be focused
- Tip 3. Be agile and consistent
Find out more about Simon Kaiyu Li and Cross Cultural Partners by connecting on:
Stacey Martin is known for her passion for networking and connecting. Through her financial services and international trade and investment experience she asks the right questions to help listeners navigate international opportunities.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today