Aus Asia Business Program
Host Stacey Martin, interviews the who’s who of the international Asian trade, investment and development scene providing key insights for SME's.
Episode #019 - Aus Asia Business - Chinese Tourism To Australia Is On The Rise - Find Out Why?
May 8, 2018
Can cultural nuances make or break business opportunities? Andrea Plawutsky, Director of Australia China Tourism Connections explains to Stacey why working with those that have deep knowledge of the market and understanding your sector, can be a big benefit.
In this episode of the Aus-Asia Business Program Stacey gets to talk with Andrea of Australia China Tourism Connections, who is passionate about all things China, and helps ‘amplify’ businesses, including China ready programs for the Australian Tourism Sector.
Andrea has had a diverse multi-cultural upbringing, she was born in Canada, she can speak French and English. Her family background is Ukrainian.
When Andrea was 12 years old she fell in love with China. Andrea was fortunate enough to be able to experience her love for China by attending university there when she was 18 years old. . Then travelled to Thailand and then back to Canada tocomplete a bachelors of North American studies and a Graduate Diploma in Asian Business back in Canada. Spent 7 years travelling between China and Thailand.
Having first lived in China in 1988, today Andrea is focused on supporting tourism operators improving the experience for our $1.3 million annual visitors. With the increase in self-directed travel, Andrea has a program for those in the Holiday Park sector to deliver a more local experience with coastal and nature adventures.
Andrea spent 15 years working with the travel and tourism PR. Clearly her passion lies with travel and tourism.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Andrea’s passion for travel and tourism
- Conducting business in Asia
- Deals are made over dinner table in China not the boardroom!
- Is researching China enough to do business or do you need to experience China in person?
- Stats on Chinese tourism in Australia – is it on the up?
- Exploring outside the scheduled itinerary when travelling and where they go
- Camping vs resort - numbers are increasing, find out which one
- Andrea’s business mission – learn where the Australian business delegates will visit
Andrea’s top 3 tips:
- The Chinese market is rapidly changing, diverse and sophisticated so get on the ground to gain a deep understanding
- Develop a well thought out strategy for engagement across various marketing channels and review regularly as the market continues to evolve
- Cultural nuances can make or break business opportunities so work with those that have deep knowledge of the market and understanding your sector.
Learn more about Andrea Plawutsky at:
Stacey Martin is known for her passion for networking and connecting. Through her financial services and international trade and investment experience she asks the right questions to help listeners navigate international opportunities.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today